Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gardening. I've always liked it, but this year is the first I can say I've truly "gardened" in my own garden. It may only be a couple 20-foot strips a couple feet wide bordering the walk up to my condo, but it's mine and I'm proud of it!



It's got me to thinking. If I planted and never watered, never fed... the plants would die. "Well, of course!" you might say. Oh, a few might straggle on and go wild with just the rain, but it wouldn't be much. As in most things this puts me in mind of God and us - His garden. This analogy is nothing new of course. I don't think this diminishes the truth. We start so small - a seed, or perhaps we're a bit "older" when we "let" Him start with us so we're a small plant.



Without Him we're never very big or thriving - some of us might think so, but it will
never even come close to what He can do with us. So he waters and feeds - and we grow.

Of course, we have to do some work here too. We have accept the water, accept the food. Spend time with Him, study His ways, share Him with others. Spread the seeds so to speak. But as He tends us it's absolutely amazing what happens. From tiny to thriving we blossom out into beauty - and the process never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment: